Want to be a light bulb in someone's life
and pay your success forward?
I am looking for written and podcast episode case study material even if your business is relatively new, it is the fact you have started that is important to me
Let other people learn from you about your change of direction and how you got brave and just started
I so want you to share with me and readers of this website and my podcast the full and frank personal journey YOU have been on and how it felt along the way.
Many, many people in the world have the same dream as you
Those same people often don't act on it and it remains a dream.
hey need guidance, inspiration, but most of all they need proof that it can be done.
And you are the perfect person to offer it, because you moved forward and took action.
You have been brave enough to go that little bit further than the rest.
They need your inspirational words today
You can absolutely be a light bulb in someones life!
They have their own small business idea, tucked away in their mind for one day but your business lessons are something they could learn from right now and inspire them to start today because you are a special soul...
- YOU have got up off your couch and actually done something.
- YOU have gone from small business idea in your head to that business idea in action
Share your story...
I am very interested in the very beginning stages of how you got off your sofa and got going with your idea
For example, but not limited to or in any particular order...
- how you arrived at your small business idea?
- how did you take your first steps?
- how did you fund it?
- what obstacles did you encounter?
- have you changed the plan along the way?
- what success have you found so far?
- have you made any money (doesn't matter if not much yet!)
- would you do it again?
- have you got any advice for other aspiring business builders?
I believe people learn best from others who have trodden the path before them
You will get your very own dedicated webpage
Here is what I would like you to do if you feel you can offer some of your precious time to share...
Please tell me your story using the form below, where it says -
Enter Your Story Title, you can click on the ? if you need a bit of help as to what to write.
You can also use these questions below as a bit of a prompt as well to to kick start your thinking and give some structure to your story.
- You can write as much as you like, so I suggest your write it as a document and copy and paste it in. Use the questions on this page to help prompt your thoughts if you think appropriate. (see below)
- To make it easier for the reader it might be a good idea to break up the text with headings and bullet points.
- You post can also include up to 4 photographs relating to your business and please supply any social media handles/website adresses so I can make them live links in your story. (don't forget your links)
- When you have finished and published, you have created your very own page on this website and you can copy the paste the link to the page anywhere you like, and people can comment on your page too!
These questions may help prompt some answers
Can you describe what your business is about and who you target as your customer
Can you tell me about your background, where you come from and where you live now?
What has been your general career path across your working life?
Have you brought skills and talents from what you did then into what you do now or are you doing something completely different?
Step by step, what thought process did you go through from sitting on your sofa, to thinking yes I am going to do this! For example
- Why did you start your business? Did someone or something inspire you to choose this particular idea or
- Did you have a bright idea over a glass of wine or has it been simmering for a while (sort of thing)
Step by step what did you do to get from that thought to implementing your idea and creating your first product or service?
How long did it take you to implement your idea?
Am I seeing your first idea or have you been through several versions of it to be where you are today?
What training or development did you undertake in order to start your business? How much money did you need to start off your business and where did it come from? Did you have a startup fund, some spare cash, beg, steal or borrow etc.
What are some of the things you found most useful in getting your business off the ground in the early stages and why? For example resources, websites, books, quotes, your local council offered grants etc? (please specify as many as you like!)
What obstacles did you face when you started your business and how did you overcome them? People, training, courage, lack of resources.
How do you make money now with your business? A product or a service of both?
How did you get your very first customers and do you continue to find them in the same way or do you do something different
What is the one thing you are really glad you did because it propelled you forward with your business?
What is the one piece of advice you totally ignored and are really glad you did because it would have held you back?
What has been the most unexpected thing to happen to you since you started your business journey?
Any final words of wisdom you would like to share to help people go from idea in their head to implementing their own business like you did (something other than ”go for it”) .
Perhaps share a quote here or a favourite book. Something that helped your motivation or really kicked you into starting.....
Just before you share...
I highly recommend you write out your story separately and copy and paste it into here.
That way you have a copy in case anything goes wrong and you also have a copy of your story to share in other places.
Look for other places who might want startup stories to share or seekout other opportunities in your industry to share.
You can recyle your document many times over.
Storytelling is a great way to market your business without selling
Would you like to be a lightbulb in someone else's life?
and help someone else with your experience of how you started?
Want some inspiration?
Here are some great people who were kind enough to offer their time and experience to me in order to help others go forward with their own business idea dreams.
I hope we can do great work together.
Previous Case Studies